This poundcake is a patriotic picnic favorite! This dessert has it all: it’s the perfect mix of delectable, sweet, and beautiful. It’s simple to make and very versatile. Personally, I like to conclude barbecues and picnics with it. It’s the perfect complement to a healthy meal. It especially pairs well with fireworks!
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 cup red raspberries
- 1 cup prosecco
- 8 tbsp sugar, divided in half
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup Grand Marnier
- 1 poundcake
- whipped cream
- Put sliced strawberries and raspberries in a small pot. Add prosecco and 4 tbsp sugar. Bring to a boil; simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Note: mixture can be made 1-2 days in advance.
- Keep strawberry and raspberry mixture covered. Let sit for 1 hour on stove. Cool in refrigerator.
- In a separate pot, repeat process with blueberries. Add Grand Marnier and 4 tbsp sugar. Bring to a boil; simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Note: mixture can be made 1-2 days in advance
- Keep blueberry mixture covered. Let sit for 1 hour on stove. Cool in refrigerator.
- Slice poundcake. If serving poundcake on individual plates at table, pour strawberry/raspberry mixture and blueberry mixture over the slices. Top with whipped cream for a red, white, and blue effect.
- If serving poundcake picnic style, prepare mixtures in small separate containers for each slice. Diners can pour or spread mixture as desired over individual slices.
Leave a Reply