Gelt are a Hanukkah staple. Delicious to eat and a must for a game of Dreidel. So easy to make at home. It’s a fun project so get the whole family involved in making and wrapping the chocolate.
- bag of chocolate chips or chunked chocolate
- double boiler
- squeeze bottle
- coin mold
- gold & silver wrappers
- Melt chocolate in double boiler.
- Let cool slightly then pour in a squeeze bottle using a funnel to guide the chocolate into the bottle.
- Squeeze chocolate into the coin molds and put molds in freezer for 30 minutes minimum.
- Wrap coins in wrappers and refrigerate until Hanukkah.