I’ve always loved my Mom’s puffed pancake. (My kids call her Nana.) My mom truly inspired my love of cooking. This recipe was always a family favorite. It is sweet and tangy from the lemon and sugar combination. We loved eating it hot from the oven and also room temperature. Either way, it was always a holiday treat!
Have Nana’s Puff Pancake recipe towel on hand for Hanukkah or anytime! Makes a great gift!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- 3 tbsp butter
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- confectioners sugar for dusting on top
- fresh blueberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Beat eggs lightly in bowl. Add milk, flour, lemon juice & zest and nutmeg and beat until blended.
- Melt butter in a 10” or 12” skillet over medium heat until butter froths.
- Pour in batter and remove pan from stove with pot holder and place in middle rack of oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until pancake has puffed up and browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly so when you sift confectioners sugar on top it doesn’t melt.
- Slice into wedges and garnish with blueberries and more confectioners sugar.