When I realized how much extra chocolate I had made for the Chocolate Matzo Mousse Cake, I knew I needed a better use for the leftover chocolate aside from just eating it myself. Making Chocolate Covered Matzo is such a fun family activity. My kids LOVE pouring the melted chocolate over the matzo.
- bittersweet chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 jar or container of ready-made caramel
- chopped nuts (optional)
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or a metal bowl set over a pan of simmering water (or in a glass bowl in a microwave at 50 percent power 3 to 5 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Lay matzo squares down on parchment paper to keep your counter clean.
- Pour chocolate generously over matzo squares.
- Drizzle caramel and sprinkle nuts on top. Enjoy!