Great for special holidays/events, or whenever you’re serving a crowd, these meatballs are full of flavor with two kinds of meat and a variety of herbs. Make them ahead and pop them out of the freezer whenever you’re ready to cook and serve.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground veal
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, fresh (keeps meatballs moister than dry breadcrumbs)
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (omit to make kosher)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and form meatballs of desired shape.
- Take a small piece of the meatball mixture and cook on stovetop to ensure it is seasoned to your taste. Adjust if needed.
- Place meatballs on baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes (to test doneness with a meat thermometer, meatballs should be 160 degrees).
- Enjoy as is or with Andy’s Meat Sauce.