As the seasons change, we like adapting our salads with seasonal ingredients. This salad is inspired by the pears and apples readily available in the fall. Crunchy, slightly sweet and the perfect companion for mixed greens.
- 3 large bunches or packages of spinach, washed and dried
- 1 bunch of sorrel or other green of your choice, washed and dried
- 2 honey crisp apples (or another variety that's crisp and not too sweet), sliced thin
- 3 pears, sliced thin
- 2 fennel bulbs, sliced thin
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1/2 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- Whisk mustard, honey, lemon juice and cider vinegar together
- Add garlic, a pinch of salt and pepper and slowly whisk in the olive oil. Adjust seasoning to taste
- Put greens, fruit and fennel in a large bowl and toss with a couple tablespoons of the dressing. Add more dressing gradually until it's to your liking
- Taste and add adjust seasoning again if need be
- Serve with chopped pistachios on top
Looks SO delis!!
I seriously need a recipe for vegan matzo ball soup. I would like to make the balls if possible that float to the top of the soup. If not just some matza balls like Canter in LA makes.