This is a delicious dessert and fun family cooking project for your kids to help with! Making marzipan (almond paste) is easy and everyone can take part in creating their own unique stuffed date by picking the nuts of their choice or dipping them in chocolate. Almonds are a sign of spring so it’s delightful for Passover. You can serve this vegan dessert for Passover Seder, Succot or any fun family gathering.
- 2 cups almond flour (or blanch, grind and dry your own almonds)
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp rose water
- 1 egg white
- Marzipan (either make from scratch per above or buy)
- 24 Medjool dates, pits removed
- 24 almonds (you can use any kind of nuts you like or even dip in chocolate)
InstructionsMake the Marzipan:
- Put the almond flour and confectioners sugar in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until combined
- Add almond extract and rose water and pulse again to combine
- Add the egg white and process until a thick dough is formed
- Remove the marzipan from the food processor bowl and form it into a log. Wrap it up in plastic and refrigerate.
- With a small spoon, scoop a little of the marzipan into each date leaving room for an almond
- Garnish each with almonds or chopped nuts of your choice