Potato printing is an old favorite. It’s a terrific craft project for the whole family. Together you can make some beautiful materials for your Hanukkah celebration: homemade wrapping paper, table cards, aprons, napkins and more. Since you’ll be buying many potatoes for your Latkes, why not buy a few extra for this project. It’s easy and fun. Just watch the video and follow the steps below and you’ll be creating your own unique projects in no time.
- cookie cutter (Hanukkah shapes – metal cookie cutters are best!)
- large russet potato or sweet potato
- acrylic paints (fabric paint is best if you are painting on fabric)
- metal tray or paper plate
- paper or fabric on which to stamp